Tuesday, June 11, 2013

FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE HEROES AND HEROINE

Definitely, I am a hopeless romantic person. I believe in a happily ever after. I am a sucker for romance and love. I AM A BELIEVER OF LOVE. INDEED.

Romance.
Love.
Who on earth doesn't want to indulged themselves and get lost with romance? To get involve with romantic interlude?

Me? I will never say no. Yes! I love reading romance pocketbooks. May it be a Tagalog or English. I simply find a sense of joy in reading. Corny it may sounds to others. Yet, I don't give a damn care at all.

I am a Precious Heart Romances pocketbook collector. I started reading when I was in elementary grade and started collecting when I was in college. Now, I am nearing to have my 400th PHR pocketbooks and still continue counting and collecting. I want to have the biggest PHR pocketbooks collection someday. My simple dream.

Nevertheless, my curiosity with pocketbooks started when I heard that an aunt of mine was scolded by her mom due to reading a romance pocketbook, a Tagalog one. In my mind, I am asking the wrongness of reading a Tagalog pocketbook. What is in these kinds of books that cause my grand aunt to be angry?

Due to curiosity and intrigue, when I got a chance and access to these kinds of reading materials, I grab the opportunity and read. Right there and then, I are hooked. I already forget the title of the first pocketbook I read. All I can remember is, it is a Precious Heart Romances. And, I simply fall in love with reading. Thank you to my curiosity. It hastens my love for books and reading.

And, I say, there is nothing wrong in reading Tagalog romance novels. It is like reading English ones. The only difference is the medium used.


Yes! Parental guidance is necessary if minors get access to this kind of readings. Somewhere in the whole plot, there are scenes that need guidance and explanations from adults. For me, it is about discipline and knowing which part is fiction, acceptable and applicable in real life.

I am thankful to my first read. It is the reason why I love books and reading. Without my curiosity, I will never appreciate reading and the masterpieces of all writers in the world.

Honestly, if we can buy and read English romance novels, why can't we patronize, prioritize and patriotically enjoy the work of our own Filipino writers. The prize is too affordable. Our writers are gems neglected and unappreciated by most of us. And their creative and imaginative thinking perfectly fits to our Filipino culture, tradition, taste and lifestyle. It is, too, trendy, with moral lessons easily relate to, family oriented and humor-friendly just like the teleseryes we watch every night.

Cry, be emotional, be intrigued, laugh and be angry. Every time I read a romance novel, I always remember the first flush and blush of love... the warmth and excitement of the first kiss and other tender emotions brought out by falling in love. Every heroes and heroines give me that strange feeling of being sexy, free, young and beautiful. The thrill of feeling the pain, agony, sorrow, happiness and love is so unexplainable and must just be felt. I couldn't help but cry with the touchy dramas of the characters' life and love. Simply, fiction or based on true stories, you and me can always relate and understand romantic novels.

Intrigue, suspense, drama, sex, love, greed, power, wealth, scandal, popularity, and romance. We all have that in real life. May it be in a simplest or most complicated ways.

There's always a thin line between reality and fiction.

No comments: