Thursday, June 06, 2013

WINDS OF DESTINY




“There are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes, they gust with the fury of a hurricane.  Sometimes, they barely fan one’s check. But, winds cannot be denied, bringing us, they often do a future that is impossible to ignore.”MESSAGE IN THE BOTTLE, NICHOLAS SPARKS

        Love is rare. Every dreams love made is made to be achieved. Impossible becomes possible. Love becomes unexplainable connection and an extraordinary feeling of the heart. It is an unspoken promise not made to be broken. It can be fragile yet strong all at the same time. Simply, love gives life a real meaning…BUT SOMETIMES, LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH!

        Cliché! Love moves in mysterious ways. No one knows when it will strike the heart. And when it does, once it finds its way, it can never be avoided, ignore or stop. Yet, love doesn’t always mean bed of roses. There will always be things to challenge its foundation. There will be challenges that will either break or make the relationship. Love has no guarantee and certainty. Whatever awaits in the future is up to the heart to decide.

        As the old saying goes, there are always two faces in a coin. “Love can mend life. Yet, it can also break the heart.” There are circumstances that do not allow the heart to trust enough with love. Circumstances that confuse and scare the heart to gamble and take risk.

        Almost 4 A.M. and I am still wide awake. I just finished reading MESSAGE IN THE BOTTLE. IT is a very heart touching story about falling in love and finding trust in love again. It is a story of leaving the past behind and looking straight ahead at what the future have to offer.

        The character of Gareth is what hits me hard, leaving e confused and unsure if I am writing the right story with my own love story. Gareth found true love with his wife. But, fate intervened and his wife, unfortunately, died. For years he imprisoned himself, grieving and blaming himself for the lost of his one true love. Then one day, destiny played again and gave him another chance to be happy once more. He tried to take risk. Yet, he became coward to give his all, until everything becomes too late. Sad it is, Gareth faced tragedy. Again.

        Love can never be denied. That, I know for sure. Still, I am afraid to gamble and fully submit my heart to love. The history of my parents’ separation hunts me down. It makes me question and doubt if true love and forever really exist for me. My heart hesitates to believe that there is a true love that will withstand the test of time and last forever.

        Looking at the way I think and embrace love and life, I have a very strong and positive view. Yet, when it is my heart that is involved, I become totally doubtful and hesitant with everything. Maybe it is all about trusting love.

        Honestly, I do not fully trust love. But, I truly believe in love and it’s magic. To some, true love they have. Yet, for me, love is a big white canvass that I cannot decide what color to put and create a masterpiece that will be timeless, pure and true. I simply say, LET MY WIND OF DESTINY DECIDE FOR IT! When I am ready, I will be ready. Time is the only one who can tell.

        It is not easy. It will not be easy. I know it will not. Love does not come in convenient packages. It is fragile no matter how strong it can be. Extra care is badly required to make it last forever. Don’t get me wrong. I AM NOT LOSING HOPE WITH LOVE. Someday, somehow, I will find the courage to leave my parents’ past behind and just look ahead. By then I know. I will find my own true love. May it not be through a message in a bottle but definitely the rarest among others.

        It will be a big struggle to decide whether my parents’ story will affect my future or not. I am in dilemma about it. Yes, I know that I am the one making my own story. Yet, it does not completely amend the fear I have in my heart. It is going to be one tough and long journey to take. It will not be easy. BUT, I KNOW I WILL! One day. Somehow.



No comments: