Saturday, October 01, 2011

NEIL ETHERIDGE: The Keeper epic, My Number One Goalie!!!


NOTES: Quotes are from articles I read all over internet, magazines and newspapers. Take this post as a written report! Credits of my sources are written below! Not claiming complete originality here…just some…;) ENJOY READING GUYS!!!
      The name NEIL ETHERIDGE always equates to the following descriptions:
  • Breathtakingly handsome
  • Unnervingly sexy
  • Lethaly hot
  • Oozing with sex appeal
  • Eyes sparkling with blaze
  • Smile that could melt a helpless heart
  • Dangerous untamed beast
  • Undeniably a lady killer
  • Magnificently built.
      Neil Leonard Etheridge is that and all to every ladies and girls who have a big crush on him.
      He got a look and a beauty that could break thousands heart and a body that can tickle every imagination. But inside the pitch, he marvels with strength, seriousness, pride, arrogance, focus and brain! He definitely defies gravity just to make a quick save of the ball reaching the goal.
      He is the number one goal keeper of the Philippine National Football Team or better known as the Philippine Azkals. Born to a Filipino-British heritage, his dream of becoming a professional football player in a very early age. It wasn’t an easy decision for him and his family.
     ” That wasn’t an easy decision because I had to give up school. Many of those who started the path to a professional career with me are no longer there and now have a normal jobs. My family is fully behind the decision to play professional football and I believe that it has opened up a lot of doors for me. I am lucky and happy to be where I am.”

      It was in 2007 that he was invited to play for the Philippine National Team but he declined it.
     “I wasn’t comfortable with the situation. I didn’t know the Filipino language, the team and everything. “

      With the help of Phil Younghusband and the effort of Mari Martinez, a former Philippine Football Federation President, in persuading him to join the national team, it was in 2008 that he acknowledged the offer. He made his international debut in the AFC Challenge Cup qualifying games playing in all three matches. With stellar performance, he now has 19 international cups.
     Outside the pitch, Neil Etheridge is just like any other guys out there. He is a simple naughty boy who loves having fun. He claims to be a massive shopper. He can’t live without his watch. He loves his family. And here is one surest and sweetest thing that could make every lady more in love with him —- HE DO COOKING BY HIMSELF!
     “I’m not a master chef or anything but I can cook for myself…”
     He loves Asian foods, especially Indian and Japanese food. He even compares himself to a medium rare steak —- hard on the outside and very soft in the inside. But all in that, he got a very strict, I find very rewarding, diet. For someone who truly loves food and eating that is really something of SO-CALLED DISCIPLINE!!!
     “I eat chicken, beef, a lot of meat ad high protein dishes. I do love rice but unfortunately, I can’t eat it a lot. It’s hard though.”
      It is not easy being a celebrated, sought-after football bachelor. Many fans look after him and follow him around, even over social networking sites. Aside from that, there’s also the media which has been part of his fame, especially here in the Philippines. He needs to look and do his best all the time. One simple mistake and it will going to be a biggest talk of the town. Well, thanks to his haters.
      When it comes to dating and girls, Neil Etheridge is simply like any other typical guy of his age. At now, he is single.
      “I’m single. SINGLE BUT ALWAYS DATING.”
      Surely, a lot of girls will cry when he will be hooked by one lucky girl. Don’t lose hope, ladies. As long as he is not yet wearing any ring in his right ring finger, everyone has a fair chance to be Mrs. Neil Leonard Etheridge someday. Just pray and pray and pray more!
      But, take note on this clip.
      “What catches my eye is all the things other guys want. But, to get a second date, you have to be interesting. Not laying all your cards at once, not too superficial, just yourself. It’s basically me enjoying myself with you…”
      (COUGH! COUGH! COUGH! Indeed, my strategy! Laughing out loud…Wondering when I can grab my chance of a first date with him!!!)
      Kidding aside, he seems to like being challenged. Of course! He got a very competitive nature. He seems to love the thrill of chasing and wooing. He wants to reveal the mystery himself. So, ladies, make yourself a little bit a tempest of demure and naughtiness all at the same time. He might throw some attention in you. Who knows…
      Neil Etheridge also got something to say when it comes to heart issues.
     “I don’t know if I’ve really had my heart broken. It’s really hard to really tell when you’re in love, I guess. But of course, I was upset when mu relationship ended. My advice, you’ve got to know that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, it’s just not meant to happen or be that way. Don’t take it too hard. I’m sure there’s someone else out there for you. And to be honest, you can learn from your mistake with your old partner and be better with your new one. You can change yourself…”
      Well said!!!
      For a playboy kind of guy he is, he simply believes in falling in love but he never seems to really experience it just yet. I say, when he finally falls in love, he will be the type that falls hard and deep! He also got a very positive point of view about love and getting dump. Hope that he doesn’t do the dumping part! What do you think, girls?
      Tagged as a local version of David Beckham and a de facto sex symbol overnight by Tim Yap in one article at Philippine Star, it is ironic that Neil Etheridge felt shy showing those awesome muscles in the eyes of the public.
      “I was a little shy because I didn’t really want to take my top of in front of a camera straight away. I am quite body conscious, if you can believe that…”
      Thinking if he truly is serious about that. But,I can’t help myself to admire him some more.
      Oh! Body Beautiful… Body Sexy… Body So Hot!!!—- Neil Etheridge is all that and he is now the newest envy figure of every men who crave and work hard to have a body like he got. A bit humble on that, huh!
      “ Myself as a sex symbol? No, not really. I see myself as a normal person who always has time for others. I was lucky enough to be given a talent and I worked hard on improving it to get to where I am today…”
      Being in a gym twice a day and serious about getting fit equates of having discipline and passion. He got an eye of a tiger and it really paid off looking to where he is right now.
      Outside muscles are not only the big thing in him. He also got a very,  very, very huge heart! A clip below on London riots is what really makes me like him in ion ways!
      “What the people have seen over the past few days has been a terrible sight. For those involved and those watching, the country is already in a deep recession which we are trying hard to get out of and this looting and violence against our own people has not helped the cause or anyone for that matter. Shop owners, property owners and individuals have been attacked for reasons unknown to anyone. With the Olympics coming up next year, we should be uniting as a country not destroying our own!
      The people involved are selfish and have destroyed many major cities all over the country…”
      Without a doubt, Neil Etheridge proves that he doesn’t only have a sexy body but also a perfectly sexy heart! Who would not want to love him? Definitely, not me…
CREDITS:      
  • Tim Yap, Philippine Stars
  •  Phlazkals.com
  • Mav C. Gonzales, GMA news
  • Barry Viloria
  • Sugod.com
  • Dawn Nickamp, Cosmo.ph
  • Ky/OMG, GMA News

POST SCRIPT: 10 OF ETHERIDGE!!!
  • He loves the attention he is getting from his fans.
  • He is all over twitter if he is not busy.
  • He bought a laptop so he can easily reply to his fan’s tweets faster.
  • He got his own ENTOURAGE: He is Vince, Simon as E and Jason as Drama.
  • He has 6 black shirts.
  • Football is always his first love.
  • He is a fan of Liverpool FC.
  • He started attending Chelsea academy as a forward with Phil and James Younghusband.
  • He joined Fulham as a goalkeeper at age 15.
  • He is a former England U-16.                              

No comments: