Sunday, October 09, 2011

SHAMCEY SUPSUP: The Real Beauty Queen behind the Tsunami Walk

When you say a lady is a beauty queen when she is beautiful, glamorous and a winner of a beauty pageant! But there’s more to it than superficial beauty. It is like looking into a woman in a deeper way. “There’s more to the women than appearance.”
                A beauty queen has lots to do and it is not just being beautiful, glamorous and sexy. Our world is a woman’s world. We, women are just everywhere.  We compete and we achieve. And, it is always a question of beauty with brains.
                For me, a real beauty queen exudes conviction, poise to face the everyday life, beauty, brain ad that personality. She must have the heart to make a big change for the betterment of the world. She must have the knowledge and courage to maintain peace in the world. And in difficult times, no matter how strong the pressure is unto her hands, she can still work confidently and calmly. She thinks before doing an action. Most of all, she live her life with God in the center of it. She lives by faith and not just by mere sight.
                Even though ended up 3rd place in the recent Miss Universe held last September 13, 2011 at Sao Palo, Brazil, Miss Philippines, Shamcey Supsup proves to the whole Filipino nation that without a crown in her head, she’s still posses within her the real essence of a true beauty queen.
                She is more than a winner to me. She got brain, beauty and a very amazing personality. Humble and beautiful, she gives a real meaning to what sportsmanship and winning is all about.
                We don’t have to pull others down to reach the top…”
                Shamcey knows how to accept defeat with all her heart. She believes that everything happen for a reason and in God’s will. Simply says, she loves her God more than anything else. Her winning answer to the question if she would change her religious belief to marry the person she loves proves it just how much.
                “If I had to change my religious belief, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person I love is God, who created me. I have my faith and my principles. And this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too.”
                Shamcey is one example of a real ROLE MODEL FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS. I bow down to her parents for instilling within her a very good breeding and undeniably great values and principles in life. She believes that her God has a better plan for her. She respects others and thinks that everyone has a fair chance in winning in life. Her point of view is wonderfully positive.
                “I’m so happy to be a Filipino. I’m proud to be Pinoy…”
                Indeed, she still has the value of nationalism in her. She competes in the Miss Universe having the thought of winning the crown not for herself but for the country and her fellow pinoys.
                I did not want the crown for me… I wanted the crown for the Philippines…”
                She even describes herself like the Philippines national flower --- The SAMPAGUITA…symbol of a true Filipina, fragrance and purity.
                Shamcey as an architect is everything I ever wanted to be. She simply inspires me to pursue my first dream of becoming a license architect. Her vision for the Philippine Architecture is a dream that must be implemented. If put to reality, expect to see lesser slum areas and more beautiful landscapes and very cheap houses suited for low income generating families. I can sense that she is a kind of an architect that will maximize our native building materials to construct fine-looking houses and establishments. Should I expect to see more “bahay kubo” in a modern way structures around the Philippines in the future?
                Shamcey is a proud “Iskolar ng Bayan”, a valedictorian during her elementary years, a salutatorian during high school, a magna cum laude in college and 2010 Architect Licensure Examination Top 1 with a rating of 86.60. With these achievements alone, I can say, she is really is a beauty and a brain persona. Topping a licensure examination is really a hard work and a discipline plus a large amount of sacrifices. Not to mention a magna cum laude per sy!
                Spontaneously smart…
                Stunningly beautiful…
                Straight forward and honest…
                In my opinion, she deserves the crown. But as she said it herself, let’s accept that Miss Angola deserve the crown too. She is still a real winner to me! A real BEAUTY QUEEN IN HER OWN WAY!
                Just look at these full of wisdom and meaningful words coming out her mouth quoted from interviews she had since setting foot the country after the pageant night.
·         Anyone can step on you if you’re lying on the ground, but no one will if you are standing up.”
·         “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
·         “Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”
·         “It is better to be honest that truthful.”
·         “I am beautiful just the way I am.”
·         “I was there not to please anyone. I was there to please God.”
·         “War Is not a solution.”
·         “I surround myself with people who think positively. It helped me to boost my confidence!”
·         “My personality is the only thing I can hold on to. I won’t change for anything…”
·         We have big dreams and we work hard to achieve it.”
Beauty is not definite. You can redefine it and each person has his own definition of beauty. If that’s what she think is beautiful, if that’s what her preference is, lahat tayo, we should respect each other! Sa akin kasi it varies eh… It’s more of how you feel about yourself. And how you make people happy not just yourself. It’s more of being able to make others feel beautiful themselves by your kindness, how you treat people, having a beautiful soul.”

Indeed, those words definitely and completely describe the real beauty queen behind that “Tsunami Walk.”

Beauty is an attitude and how we build and sale that persona within us. It is ­­­­­­more of how we make ourselves known to others and how we treated others that pass by our lives. Remember that! We don’t know need to be physically beautiful to say we are a beauty queen. All we need is a perfectly beautiful heart, God in the center of it, humility, respect for everyone, wisdom that runs deep and of course, pure love. Physical beauty matters! I won’t argue with that. It is a reality of our world. But, for me, inner beauty is more important to be a real beauty queen. Handle that with brain and a heart, we will be the most beautiful woman in the world, famous or not! God is there to judge us in anyway.


Flaunting to the world my real beauty, me here, RHEA FERL E. JEMINA, a real beauty queen in every way I am everyone just missed to look deeper and beyond skin deep says, “Stay beautiful and always feel beautiful. Everything will just follow.”

No comments: